Youth Workers – Casual
- Not-for-Profit – Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS)
- Help for Young People in Penrith, the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
- SCHADS Award – CASH Employee Level 1, commencing $34.04 per hour
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
- Opportunity to join a team in making a real difference in the lives of vulnerable young people (17-25 years) within the local community
- Work locally – Penrith, Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
- Increase your take home pay with Salary Packaging options available to NFP sector
- Staff Supports – Monthly Supervision, Learning & Development, Team Building activities, opportunity to work across teams, Employee Wellbeing program, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Work Practices and additional cultural supports for Aboriginal staff, just to name a few!
Platform Youth Services is a growing not-for-profit based youth homelessness service, that has provided holistic services to vulnerable young people who are at risk of homelessness or who are experiencing homelessness in the Nepean, Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury areas for over 40 yrs.
We exist to help vulnerable young people have the opportunities, skills, and support they need to actively participate in their social and economic communities. For more information about us, please visit www.platformys.org.au
About the role
We are looking for motivated and dedicated Casual Youth Workers to join our dynamic team to undertake duties relevant to Platform Youth Services’ programs that employ a youth work aspect, focusing on achieving the best possible outcomes for clients.
- Demonstrated experience working within Residential Youth Care, Crisis and Transitional accommodation programs
- Minimum 12 months experience in working with young people who are homeless or at risk, and a knowledge of the range of issues facing homeless youth
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide good judgement in crisis and housing situations
- Sound Knowledge of Child Protection Systems and Mandatory Reporting Practices
- Demonstrated written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain an ethical, inclusive and non-judgmental attitude
- IT literate and able to work with client information systems.
- Ability to work overnight shifts including weekends
Qualifications, Checks and References
- Completed Diploma in Youth Work, Community Services or Welfare qualifications (min. Certificate 4 in Welfare/Community Services/Youth Work) or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in Australia
- Unrestricted Current `C` class Driver’s Licence as you may be required to work across any of Platforms sites in the Nepean, Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury areas
- A valid National Police Clearance, Working with Children Check, First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification
- Two referees, including current or most recent manager.
- Evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (NEW – remains subject to change)
How to apply
If you are passionate about helping young people and believe your experience and values align with our organisation, please forward:
- A cover letter (max 2 pages), including:
- a brief summary of your experience against each of the selection criteria (i.e. 1-9)
- A copy of your resume
Should you have any questions about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org